Starting for the 2012-2013 school year Catechist Certification will consist of:
- 12 Truths Course - This course will be an overview of the 12 truths of the Catholic faith as established by the Diocese of Kalamazoo. This is an overview of the Kerygma. It will be taught at the yearly Conference and will be made available throughout the diocese.
- Methodology Courses - These courses may be done through the My Catholic Faith Delivered website, or based on similar sessions available through the parish or diocese. (Those with teaching certificates will not need to take methodology courses.
- Theology Courses - There are 28 class sessions (either through three separate courses or through one longer course) available at My Catholic Faith Delivered that are too be taken in order to be certified. Classes taken at other locations that are equivalent in nature may be substituted. (If someone has a Theology Degree they may contact the Diocese to determine if they meet the needs for certification).
- Each year the catechist must complete 5 hours of content rich sessions.
- There will be a list of approved classes on the website. Any material on My Catholic Faith Delivered can count toward these hours.
My Catholic Faith Delivered
The Diocese of Kalamazoo has partnered with My Catholic Faith Delivered to provide course for Catechist Certification. Please sign up through: